Glenn Marais performs as a solo artist, duo with a percussionist, and with his incredible band the Mojo Train, Glenn Features a five piece band with Nick Bogoeff on Saxophone, flute, clarinet and vocals, Jeff Saulnier-Drums and Vocals, Jesse Karwat-Keyboards and vocals, and Manny De Grandis on Bass guitar and vocals. Glenn is a gifted songwriter and an incredible performer with an amazing band behind him, this is a show you do not want to miss. Catch a ride on the Mojo Train!
- Glenn also performs an incredible Delta Blues show, featuring stand-up bass, dobro guitar, piano, drums and harmonica. The show features the new record, “Preachin’ From Down Low” recorded live at the historic, Sharon Temple and is an incredibly powerful and authentic show with all the feel and mojo of the Delta Blues.
- Glenn co-wrote the top ten single, “Everybody wants to be like you”, by Snow, a song that he received a Juno nomination and a Socan Number One award for and is currently the fifth most played song in the history of Canadian Radio.
- In November 2005, Glenn flew to Africa to film a video for his song, “Like a Child”. It debuted on Much More Music on Jan.30th/2006 and went to number one on Much More Music’s “Clip Trip” show.
- On Sunday Aug.13th /06, the video for Like a Child, debuted at the Rogers Centre Skydome for the Toronto International AIDS Conference. On Friday Aug.18th/06 Glenn Closed the conference with a performance of Like a Child in front of 7000 people, broadcast internationally on CBC Newsworld.
- His song, “On the Shoulders of Giants” was selected by the Nelson Mandela Children’s Foundation to commemorate Nelson Mandela’s upcoming 90th birthday